YELLOW CURRY OF CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI
Quick and easy, this dish is great for the whole family!
Gluten, dairy and nut free.
Ingredients2 tbsp light flavoured oil
1 pouch of Curry Favour yellow curry paste
750-1kg of chicken breast or thighs, cut into pieces
2 tbsp shaved palm sugar
2 tbsp of fish sauce or a pinch of sea salt
2 x 400ml coconut milk
2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
Optional: mixed herbs, bean shoots and finely sliced red onion to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Cook out the curry paste on a medium heat. ‘Cooking out’ the paste means frying it until it no longer tastes raw. The paste should smell fragrant. This process will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Deglaze the pan with fish sauce. If not using fish sauce, skip this step.
3. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Next, add coconut milk and palm sugar. Bring sauce to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook chicken for 8 minutes.
5. Add broccoli florets and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and allow the flavours to develop. Taste the curry- it should be sweet, salty and aromatic!
5. Serve with steamed jasmine rice, and optional mixed herbs, bean shoots and finely sliced red onion with a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice for some zing!