COCONUT BRAISED YELLOW CURRY OF BEEF & POTATO
Gluten, dairy and nut free
Ingredients2 x 400ml cans of coconut milk
2 tbsp fish sauce
1.5 kg slow cook cut of beef (chuck, blade, brisket or beef short ribs)
2 tbsp light flavoured oil
70g Curry Favour yellow curry paste
2 tbsp shaved palm sugar
600g Dutch cream potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- Place beef, coconut milk, fish sauce and in a heavy based saucepan. Add water if needed to ensure the meat is covered. Cook for two hours with the lid on over a low heat. Turn the heat off and allow the meat to rest in the braising liquid for 30 minutes.
- Strain beef and reserve cooking liquid.
- Heat the oil in large heavy based saucepan. Cook out the yellow curry paste on a medium heat constantly stirring for 2- 3 The paste should smell fragrant.
- Deglaze with fish sauce.
- Add the reserved cooking liquid and palm sugar.
- Add potatoes and simmer until cooked.
- Return meat to the saucepan.
- Turn off the heat and allow the flavours to develop.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.