GREEN CURRY OF PUMPKIN AND GREEN BEANS
2 tbsp light flavoured oil
1 pouch of Curry Favour green curry paste
½ Jalapa pumpkin, cut into wedges, skin on
2 tbsp shaved palm sugar
A pinch of sea salt
2 x 400ml coconut milk
500g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Cook out the curry paste on a medium heat. ‘Cooking out’ the paste means frying it until it no longer tastes raw. The paste should smell fragrant. This process will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the palm sugar, pinch of sea salt and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the pumpkin wedges and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked.
- Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the flavours to develop. Taste the curry! It should be sweet, salty with a medium heat!
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Tip: serve this curry warm to really enjoy all of the flavours