THAI NOODLE SALAD OF ROAST PORK AND PINEAPPLE
Gluten, dairy and nut free. Vegan option.
2 tbsp light flavoured oil
1 pouch of red CURRY FAVOUR paste
1 x 400ml can of coconut milk
2 tbsp shaved palm sugar or caster sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce or a pinch of salt
Juice of two limes or 50ml of rice vinegar
750g Chinese roast pork
1 packet of Thai rice noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
1 small pineapple, skin removed and cut into 2xm x 2cm cubes
300g of cooked, sliced green beans
100g of bean sprouts, washed
1/2 red onion finely sliced
1 large long red chilli, finely sliced
A generous handful of picked fresh mint, Thai basil and coriander
1. Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan. Cook out the curry paste on a medium heat constantly stirring for 3 to 5 minutes. ‘Cooking out’ the paste means frying it until it no longer tastes raw. The paste should smell fragrant.
2. Add the shaved palm sugar and fish sauce, if using. Stir until dissolved. Add coconut milk and bring to boil.
3. Remove from heat, transfer dressing to a container and place in the fridge to cool.
4. Prepare all salad ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
5. Stir through rice vinegar or lime juice through cooled dressing. It should taste salty, sweet, sour and, depending which paste you used, spicy! Adjust seasoning according to your taste.
5. Pour over salad and toss well to combine.